Whenever Sephora comes out with a sampler set of any kind, I’m a complete sucker for it. Little tubes of sunscreen, little bottles of nail polish, little lipsticks – I’m game. It’s a fantastic (and usually very affordable) way to try out a lot of high-end products for not a lot of money. This is why when I saw that the Sephora inside my local JC Penney brought back a mini version of LASH STASH, I literally ran over to it, clutched it, and sang sweetly to it.
Lash Stash normally comes out every year around the holidays. You get 10 mini/sampler tubes of mascara, PLUS a coupon to go back to Sephora and get a full-sized tube of your favorite mascara from the set for free. Crazy, right? It’s even crazier that this mini Lash Stash was only $25 for 5 mini/sampler mascaras…and you still get the coupon for a free full-sized mascara! Insanity. Completely worth it.
This post will have photos, a brief description of each, and a full, in-depth video review.
- Rubber Brush; Twisty head
- Great at lengthening lashes
- Came off with not too much rubbing
- Rubber Brush; Hourglass shape with a rounded tip
- Thickening; clumped quite a bit
- Felt “rubbery” on the lashes; a bit difficult to remove
- Hair/Bristle brush; very thick, dense hairs
- Thickening; almost looks like you’re wearing lash inserts for fullness
- Easy to take off; starts to flake after about 8 hours of wear
- Hair/Bristle brush; true hourglass shape
- Thickening, lengthening; makes lashes look full and fluttery
- Easy to take off; lasts 8 hours without flaking
- Hair/Bristle brush; looks very “normal”
- Lengthens and even curls lashes upward; a bit clumpy at first, but pretty once you run it through the lash, it evens out
- Took a bit of rubbing to remove; Lasted about 5 hours before flaking