QUICK REMINDER: Only a few days left to enter to win the HUGE prize pack I’m giving away that includes the Urban Decay Naked3 palette!
Remember when I asked you guys what I should buy with the Sephora gift card burning a hole in my pocket? I read every suggestion, looked up every product…and STILL couldn’t decide! It was killing me, eating me up inside! (Okay, so that’s a touch-bit dramatic, but you catch my drift, y’hear?) I finally took a deep breath, sat in front of the Sephora site, and bit the bullet.
Here’s something you should know about me + gift cards. Most people would say, “Ooo! I have $25 to spend! I’m going to splurge on that one $25 item I’ve always wanted, but would never buy for myself!” Not I, captain. I need to stretch that damn gift card until the plastic is bursting at the seams. I pride myself on such a thing. With a bit of planning, a little sale searching, and overall giddiness, I spent an extra $24, and along with my gift card, I got this.
Not my best haul, but I’m still pretty proud of myself. I walked away with:
- Shadow Primer
- Face Primer
- Cream Eyeliner
- Face Wash (to last me for-freaking-ever)
- Makeup sponges
- Goodie bag with a bunch of perfume samples
And now, let’s go over this one-by-one:
First, I went for the Too Faced Beauty Blogger Darlings kit. I’m a big fan of any kits that let you try samples of products before jumping the gun on the full-size purchase. This $20 kit came with:
- Bronzer in Chocolate Soleil: First off, this bronzer smells SO.DAMN.GOOD. It has actual cocoa in it! There’s a little mirror on the inside of the compact. I confess that I haven’t used this yet. Why, you ask? Well, I’m allergic to chocolate. (I know, I know. But trust me, it’s not all bad – I eat my weight in gummy things at times.) BUT! I can usually handle touching chocolate, so this morning, I tested the product on my wrist. I haven’t broken out or been irritated yet, so I think it’s safe to try this baby on my face tomorrow! The powder felt smooth on my skin, and it was JUST pigmented enough. Looking forward to using it!
- Shadow Insurance: I’ve heard about this primer for years, but it’s my first time trying it. So far, I LOVE the consistency of this product! Thicker than Urban Decay Primer Potion, but not TOO thick. My shadow went on smoothly, and showed up perfectly. 5 hours later and no creasing. So far, I think this one is a keeper.
- Primed & Poreless Face Primer: I’m on the fence about this one. I felt like I had to use a LOT of product (more than I’d have to use with my Smashbox Face Primer) to spread across my whole face. Still, my foundation went on evenly and smoothly over the primer, so we’ll see!
- Better Than Sex Mascara: You guys…THE HYPE IS REAL. I am in love with this mascara. The brush is a bristled brush (not those rubbery plastic ones which I’m not a fan of), and it grabs every single lash. Here are some pictures. (Forgive my “I didn’t put on other makeup for this” pictures.)
So yeah, we’re in love and making babies.
I was pretty disappointed with this Sephora Cream Liner. It came off a bit patchy, and the consistency was a bit too thin to be truly pigmented. BOO! However, I put this on and then packed a blue shadow on top, and the “liner” stayed on all day. This could still make a great base, but I don’t think as a liner on its own that it would stand up all day.
If you have “normal” skin (combination, too), I HIGHLY suggest you try Philosophy’s Purity Made Simple Face Wash. Gentle, not strongly scented, and smooth, this is my go-to face wash at all times. Purity + my new Clarisonic = HEAVEN. (Review on the Clarisonic coming later this week.)
…okay, I confess. I only got these sponges to make it to the $50 limit to get free shipping. I’m sure they’re swell and dandy like candy.
My “Free gift with any $25 purchase” was this lil bag stuffed full of fragrance samples. I immediately gave the Dolce to my husband (“It’s..musty. No, I mean musky.”) and I’m hoarding the rest to try out later.
In all, I’m pretty dang happy with my purchase! I will definitely be purchasing the full-size Better Than Sex mascara when my lil guy runs out for sure.
Have any of you guys tried Better Than Sex? What do you think? What about face washes – what is your go-to?